Susan Alexandra James
PGCE Performing Arts 16+ (Institute of Education, University of London, U.K.)
BPhil.hons. (Ballet and Contextual Studies, University of Durham, U.K.)
ISTD DDE (Imperial Classical Ballet, Cecchetti Classical Ballet, Modern Theatre, Tap, National)
RAD Teaching Dip., AISTD (Modern, Tap, National, Imperial Ballet, Cecchetti Ballet)
CELTA/RSA Cambridge University
- 2020 EFL teacher general English and Cambridge exams FCE (B2) and CAE (C1) Golders Green, London
- 2018….to present Tutor new ISTD DDE (Modern Theatre, Imperial Ballet and generic units) New London Performing Arts Centre, London and Professione Danza Parma, Italy. Distance-learning tutor ISTD new DDE generic units UK and Italy
- 2015-present Head of Ballet, New London Performing Arts Centre
- 2011-2018 Tutor ISTD DDI/DDE (Modern Theatre, Imperial Ballet and generic units) New London Performing Arts Centre, London and Centro Danza La Sylphide, Italy. Distance-learning tutor ISTD DDI/DDE generic units UK and Italy
- 2011 Nominated Approved Tutor ISTD DDI/DDE
- 2010 Choreographer Surrey Youth Ballet production
- 2009—–present Founder and Principal Appassionati Theatre Arts, Croydon
- 2008-2019 EFL teacher Kingsley School of English general English and preparation Cambridge FCE and CAE exams
- 2006—–present North London Performing Arts Centre (RAD and ISTD ballet)
- 2006-2011 Richmond Gymnastics Association (ballet)
- 2006-2008 free-lance teacher at Urdang Academy, London (ISTD modern), Fusion Arts Theatre School (RAD ballet) London, Gwenda Grayson School of Dance (ISTD ballet) London, Jeannine Greville Dance Acadenies, Henley -on-Thames (RAD ballet) ICAD London (ballet nursery schools), Pembridge Hall, London (RAD ballet), Louise Ryrie School of Dance and Drama, Crawley (ISTD modern) RAD London Step into Dance Program (musical theatre)
- 2006 Choreographer “Goodbye Uncle: the rock opera” Rome
- 2006 Choreography: “Efialtis” for Mimesis presented at International Dance Council (UNESCO) conference in Athens October 2006 and Move-It March 2007 Olympia, London
- 2006 Founder Mimesis dance company, Rome, Italy
- 2005 Nominated mentor for RAD CBTS module 105
- 2005 Director “The Jungle Book” and “The Ghost of Canterville” in English for Scuola Elementare Statale De Amicis, Rome
- 2005 Director the “Wizard of Oz” in English for Scuola Media Statale Toniolo, Rome
- 2004 Nominated tutor RAD CBTS modules 103 and 104
- 2004 Director and choreographer “Grease” in English for Liceo Scientifico, Zagarolo (Rome)
- 2004 Choreographer “A Chorus line” for “Young Ostia” performing company, Rome
- 2004 Nominated representative for Italy on council of European Association of Dance Historians after presenting paper on Frederick Ashton’s early work in Logrono, Spain, November 2004.
- 2002—–2006 Ballet teacher St George’s English School ( Nomentana), Rome (RAD ballet) Tutor and Practical Teaching Supervisor for BA hons. in Dance Education RAD validated by Durham University
- 2000 RAD Italian Summer School Fondo, (Trento), teaching ballet, character and classical repertoire.
- 2000-2006 EFL teacher L’Ateneo Centro Studi, Roma, general English courses for businesses and schools (nursery to year 13).
- 1998—- 2004 Tutor for teaching certificates and short courses for the Royal Academy of Dance. Seminars and courses conducted in Italy, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
- 1984—–2018 Principal and artistic director of Centro Danza La Sylphide, Rome, teaching RAD ballet, ISTD ballet, modern and tap all from Pre-Primary to Advanced 2, boys and girls, tuition for RAD and ISTD teaching qualifications
- 1969-1975 Corps de ballet and soloist in opera ballet companies in Turin, Genoa and Trieste (Italy), Nancy (France): RAI-TV television (Italy) including “Mille Luci”, “ Fatti e Fattacci” and “White Horse Inn” :various films, including “Il Viaggio” director Vittorio de Sica. Prose: Lucrezia Borgia in “Savonarola” Teatro Stabile di Torino
- 1968-9 Operetta tour of Italy, soloist
- 1967-8 Pantomime Brighton, ensemble
- 1966-7 Pantomime Lincoln, soloist
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.